BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Attempting to be honest

So a little while ago I ordered some stuff for my bike online, I've done it several times and have never had a problem. When I got this particular package of the two items that I ordered. One of the items was not something I ordered, I was just going to send it back with the proper slip and ask for them to send the right part, but on a whim I called them first. I told them my problem and they said that it was no problem and that they would send the correct part out to me immediately and sorry for the inconvenience. I asked them if they wanted me to send the incorrect part back (secretly I was hoping to keep it because although it was not a part I had ordered I knew that it would certainly come in handy in the future) and they told me not to worry about it.

Now when they asked for the part number for the part that I was suppose to receive I was a little tired so I gave them the wrong number and so yet again they sent me the wrong part, but instead of the wrong part it was a copy of one of the parts I had already received, so I called them again and told them that I had screwed up and that I would be sending the correct part back and if they would please send me the correct part. I filled out the form and sent the repeat part back. A couple of days later I finally got the right part, a couple of days later I got a repeat of the part I just got. I assume that someone saw the form I filled out and assumed that the replacement part hadn't been shipped and then shipped it themselves.

So now here I am with the two right parts I ordered, one part I didn't order, and a repeat of a part that I did order. Sometimes I wish being honest wasn't so time consuming.

0 comments: