BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 25, 2008

The 2008 Christmas Letter

Last year I started a little tradition. That of adding a little family letter to our Christmas cards. I've tried to stay away from the standard format of general boasting and just wanted to give people a laugh.

Once again the Breakdown family is sending you the most valued gift a person can hope to receive during the Christmas season. A greeting card and a piece of paper that you can display in your front room so that you can show everyone that visits your house that you really do have friends and family that go through the trouble to mail you something at least once a year, and probably you have more of them then the person that is visiting you. Awww, the spirit of the holidays. So without further adieu, I will now fill the page as to impress upon anyone glancing at it that I have a lot to say without actually reading it, because if they did happen to read it, they would find the opposite to be true.

As for me, Breakdown, this year I have made a number of wonderful accomplishments. The first and foremost being that I have achieved the long sought after title of every father and man of any household across the nation if not the world. That of no longer being the hairiest member of the family, or the stinkiest, but since we still have a child in diapers I never really got the title of being the smelliest. We got a dog. I also installed a fence at our house, that is to say I installed it by calling a couple of guys, got a couple of bids and then paid them to put it in. The fence and the dog has resulted in a dispute with the post office as both are in the way of them getting to my mail box. I told them to just hold my mail, I'm at the post office everyday anyway, but they refuse to hold it. I guess it's only fun to hold a person's mail if it's an inconvenience.

Mrs. Breakdown also has had a number of wonderful accomplishments. The one that she is most proud of is that she continues to kick me out of the house everyday to go to work at a very unreasonable hour leaving her the ability to stretch out across the bed in pure, blissful comfort. Mrs. Breakdown also believes that the fact that her mother visited us this year was also an accomplishment but the jury is still out on that. Oh yeah, and there is that thing about becoming an American Citizen but like I told her, “Who isn't?”

Litte Miss Breakdown has reached the delightful age of five. Which means she is a sixth of my age and a quarter of my wife's age, which is the age at which my wife will remain no matter what her diver license says if I know what's good for me. As she reaches the age of five she has started kindergarten and has already let me know that although I am her father it doesn't mean that she has to be seen with me, especially around her friends. Little Miss Breakdown has begun to discover the wonders of language. She finds that if she doesn't want to do something that she can dispute it with her teacher just long enough so that time will run out and she won't have to do it. She has also taken to giving fashion advice to my wife as to type, style and model of clothing she wears. I can say with complete confidence that any and all hair loss that I have suffered this past year is in direct relation to my daugher's actions, or because my grandfather was bald. I tend to believe the former.

Little Breakdown continues his education in the very complicated art of little-brothery. He has mastered the art of getting his finger close enough to annoy his sister but not actually touch her resulting in Little Miss Breakdown's cries of “He's touching me!” Little Breakdown's reply “No I'm not,” my inevitable shout of “Keep it down or I'll tell your mother!” and my wife's exclamation of “Why do I have to be the bad guy?” Little Breakdown's exploits have had such lasting effects as can still be seen in the form of a purple crayon on the living room wall, a slightly darker stain on the downstairs carpet and the smell of decaying Cheetos emanating from somewhere in the house.

0 comments: