BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 20, 2008

The only consistent feature in all your unsatisfying relationships

One of my favorite demotivators is one called Dysfunction. It says The Only Consistent Feature In All Your Unsatisfying Relationships Is You.


Today of all days is way I feel. My worst fear for my kids is that they end up as friendless as I am, as I have been and probably as I will remain. Now this isn't for lack of trying, I have a very acute distaste for social gatherings but I have spent a good part of my life going to them despite how I feel and I make the decision to have a good time. More often then not I do have a good time, but as always, if offered the opportunity not to go to a social function I will always choose not to go.

In high school I had a number of friends but once you break that High School barrier then something happens. People move on. Only two of my friends have remained friends from graduation through the mission and partly through marriage. When kids start to come into the mix then things get even a little more strained, especially if your friends don't have any kids.

Nevertheless, over time I've been left with one friend of which I only see every couple of months. All of our other attempts to cultivate new friendships have usually led to very little if anything at all. The last couple that we got along well with just vanished from one day to the next, we tried to maintain contact but it felt kind of one-sided. We kind of understood it because they had moved to another town, but recently they moved back to town and never contacted us. I feel like the hint is that they don't really want to have much to do with us, my wife feels the same way.

So here we are pondering on what it is that makes us so unlikable. My wife says that it's not us, but I think otherwise. Heck you have to have something wrong with you when you've been in a ward for over 4-years and they've never asked you to talk in sacrament once!

Then there is that little thing about how I can't even seem to be able to get my family to read my blog, but that's a whining session for another day.

1 comments:

Shop Steward said...

Don't read your blog, eh?...I beg to differ.

Cheer up laddy, besides you haven't set any electronics on fire lately have ya?