BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Feels like High School all over again.

From time to time men get together in front of women and try to impress them with how they were total rebels back in High School. Some people have stories of streaking, ditching class, putting a tack on the teachers chair, etc... but I usually trump all of my Mormon friends because I can say in total honesty that I was kicked out of school. You got it, I was told to go to the principle's office in the middle of class and then they sent me home.

Oh, it sounds a lot worse then it is. You see growing up in Utah some schools have strange rules. One of these rules is that you have to come to school clean shaven. I got kicked out of High School in the middle of the day because I wasn't clean shaven, and I couldn't come back until I shaved.

Let me give you a little background on this whole situation before I run to the climax of my story. As a child I grew up real fast. I am the same height now as I was in the sixth grade, and I started shaving about the same time. Puberty came on so fast for me my voice never cracked, it crumbed. So throughout middle school, I shaved, though out Jr. High, I shaved, though out High School I shaved. The problem is that I have very sensitive skin, so shaving on a daily basis only causes me to bleed, so my shaves would be about every three days or so and I had a high-end razor to do it. Well as I was in my senior year I began to really hate shaving, so my little shaves began to be once a week, then extended into whenever it began to itch. None of my teachers had problem with it, until a friend of mine and myself began to rub one teacher the wrong way. So she threw me out for not shaving, I deserved it the first time, the second time I had only shaved the day before, she was just being mean.

Anyway here I am years later. I shave more or less when I want to, but hardly ever within the three days of having shaved before. As I am starting to go back to school this year I had to go and get a student ID card. I fought traffic, walked around campus trying to find the place that gave out ID cards and when I finally found it they told me that their policy is that I have to have shaved that same day. I shaved two days before. Then they told me that I could come back another day -I REALLY hate traffic, so that wasn't going to happen- or they could lend me a razor and shaving cream and I could shave in the men's room. I took their rusty piece of tin they passed as a razor and their shaving cream and into the men's room I went, I would rather cut myself before fighting traffic again. So I shaved, and I cut myself, several times. Took me a good ten minutes to stop all the bleeding. Then I marched back into the ID place and they took my picture, she even had the audacity to ask me if I wanted her to take it again. "Sure, take it again, maybe all my cuts that I have on my face will have healed by the next one." I thought.

I have two children, a house, a job some say is a career and I've been reduced to shaving against my will in the men's bathroom. Thanks College.

0 comments: