BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The ethics of everyday life.

So the university that I so delightfully attend thought that we shouldn't miss our Monday classes for the holiday so instead of missing out on my classes for Monday we were told that we would have to come in on Tuesday to have our classes.

Apart from being one of the more backward things I've heard it really was rather inconvenient. I went out of my way to have my classes on MWF. It was overall just better for me and my family. Well the other day when I was informed about this odd arrangement I told my wife and she informed me that we had a dentist appointment that we had made a month in advance. (these guys seem to be in demand and after having been to them I have to say that I am impressed. Digital X-rays and very friendly staff) So here I was having to pick between going to the dentist and going to class. Sure I could reschedule my dentist appointment but if I put it off then who knows if I will actually keep it, and to be honest I've been putting off going to the dentist quite long enough.

So I ditched my classes to go to the dentist. I did this because I can recover what little information I'd miss relatively quickly and if you don't take care of your teeth regularly then it certainly could cause a big and expensive problem later. Luckily I have no problems with my teeth to report.

Every little once and a while we find ourselves in situations were we have to make ethics decisions on the fly and I think we don't give them as much attention as they deserve. Especially if you have children.

0 comments: