BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 10, 2008

Getting in touch with your feminine side, and having her take over.

As I was growing up I was not as masculine as some of my peers and much less so then my older brother. I was never really interested in sports and the like and to be perfectly honest until I was reminiscing with one of my friends five years after-the-fact did I realize that one of the most popular girls in the drama club was only popular because she was, shall we say, endowed? It just didn't occur to me at the time.

I grew up with Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Pirates of Pensanze, The Music Man, My Fair Lady, Phantom of the Opera, and Les Miserable. The worst part was I enjoyed it. I'm sure my mom really liked that she had a son that could enjoy those kinds of things and it did great things for getting me in with the ladies (although only a few times was I able to escape from the 'Friend Zone').

Nevertheless through the years I have begun to enjoy some of the more manly activities. I can watch an entire football game and not get bored, I've even begun to feel an affinity toward baseball. The downside is that in turn I've gained a slight distaste for musicals. I avoid them whenever I can. Unless my wife insists. When she does get her way, like the other day when we went to see Mamma Mia, I dig deep inside myself and find that part of me that was entertained by musicals. So for the most part I'm able to enjoy myself.

It's nice to get in touch with your feminine side for those kind of occasions. That way the wife enjoys herself that much more and when the wife is happy, every one's happy. Especially the husband.

0 comments: