BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 24, 2008

Militant Home Teaching Companion

I think I am around the lower side of average when it comes to home teaching. I usually use my job as an excuse to why I don't do my home teaching but as everyone knows an excuse is just an excuse. Either way I'll do it when the opportunity presents itself, but since I've been banished to the primary the opportunity just doesn't present itself.

Anyway the ward just finished reorganizing the home teaching companions and their families and I got the militant home teaching companion. I wish I was lying but I'm not. This guy just got back from the Marines training camp and he's a medic. Not only that but he is currently trying to finish his flying hours. So I get to go home teaching with a guy that does almost every branch of the military that we have. I always feel like a weenie when our families ask what we do for a living. He goes on and on about what he does and all the cool stuff he's seen. I get to talk about how I know all the addresses in my town. Yea, I'm lookin' good.

Not to say that he isn't a nice guy and it's nice to get a home teaching companion that really gets me out and doing my home teaching. I just need to stop with the envying. And maybe I shouldn't let him intimidate me as much. Maybe.

0 comments: