BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Adiscerning of spirits

Some people I know have these superpowers. My mom has a type of spider sense. She can sense danger before it happens, well, she doesn't really sense it, she dreams about it. Very close to every time something bad happens to someone in our family my Mom has dreamt about it first. There was a day my Mom woke up one morning having dreamt that my brother was in a car accident (He was on a mission at the time). Later that day we got a call from my brother's mission president letting us know that my brother was in a car accident but everything was okay. He even got a contact out of the whole thing. The only time my Mom has been wrong was when she dreamt about me getting hurt while on my mission. I never had a problem so I hope that Lord decided not to put me in that situation for my Mother's sake.

My wife on the other hand has this uncanny ability to judge people's character. A couple of years ago a friend of hers got a new boyfriend. He seemed nice enough to me, but my wife didn't like him at all. Months past and I never picked up on anything, but my wife hated him all the more. Soon enough the guy shows up one night asking if my wife could lend him some money. She thankfully refused. Soon after he disappeared leaving my wife's friend pregnant, broke and with a bunch of maxed out credit cards. Then there was that issue about how my wife picked up on that her aunt's best-friend of twenty years was a lesbian after only spending about an hour with her.

I figure that I have the gift of speaking tongues. Since I do speak two.

0 comments: