BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 1, 2008

Good Friends

Since my wife has come to this country she has been plagued with a very distinct lack of friends and the few friends that she does have aren't in the 'good friend' category. I've done everything I can and could so she could make more friends but to no avail, until recently.

Recently a family of three (mom, dad, 6-year-old daughter) were baptized into our ward. (Did I mention that we go the the Spanish ward?) Since the family started investigating the church our daughter and their daughter have gotten along really well and since most of the time our friends are extensions of the friends of our kids then it seemed only natural that my wife and the mother of our daughter's friend. I know that this doesn't always work, but it always sounds good when you write it down.

In the past my wife's best friend has been a little wanting at least in my eyes. My big problem with my wife's friend is two fold, but in the interest of not criticizing too much I will only mention the one problem that angers me the most and that is the fact she tells my wife that my wife is fat. I'll take a deep breath before I write this so I can avoid a long rant (in, out), okay, you are only allowed to tell a person that they are fat when you are a very close friend and when your overall goal is to help them. Oh yeah and you can only tell a person they are fat when they really are. My wife is NOT fat. She is larger then she was when I married her but since she was a size 0 when we got married I'm pleased that she has filled out a little, but she certainly hasn't reached "fat" proportions. It really irritates me when my wife's friend lowers my wife's self esteem. My wife already misses her pre-marriage body but she doesn't need anyone to tell her she's fat.

Now this new friend that my wife has begun hanging out with has been wanting to get back to her pre-baby weight but hasn't found the strength of will to do it. My wife has had the same desire for a while too. I've tried to help, but when it comes to exercises men and women have some big differences. My wife doesn't like to work the weights and I feel like a real dink going to an aerobics class of women. So lately this new friend of my wife has been going to the gym with my wife in the evenings while I'm asleep and my wife has been enjoying Yoga and some class called Somba.

I cannot express how happy I am that my wife has found a friend that she can hang out with that builds her up instead of tearing her down. Now I don't have to come up with excuses on why I can't go to Yoga.

1 comments:

Juliana said...

Let your wife know I said thanks! I'm glad you enjoy my blog. :)