BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blogish Laments

I've stated before that I have been blogging for a while.  In the past my blogs have more or less been just ramblings.  I've drifted from topic to topic, sharing my opinion as I went along.  The main reason I created this new blog is because I wanted a blog that had a specific purpose.  That purpose being one that I plan to spend my time in reflection on myself and spirituality.  I'll hit and I'll miss but at least I have a target and perhaps with time I may actually get it right most of the time.


On one of my other blogs, the random one if you look at my list to the right, I've been blogging for almost a year.  I've never been popular among the community primarily because the community does not appreciate a religious point of view, let alone one that comes from a member of the LDS faith.  I've never let that bother me, until the other day.  For the most part I would ignore the trolls that would frequent my posts, but from time to time I felt compelled to respond.  Often when I would respond a kind on online argument would ensue and eventually they would make personal attacks against me.  I would end the discussion when this would happen by ceasing to respond, because I felt that any further response would be useless.  Nevertheless I posted an entry that brought a troll that would misrepresent my point entirely, of course I tried to clarify myself and as history would indicate eventually the discussion degraded into him insulting my character.  At that point I decided that these comments and discussions were taking up more of my time then I liked and I really would like to take the time to create a post as one would a work of art and know that no one could defile it as I had placed it.  So I disabled my comments and posted an entry explaining myself and apologizing to those that enjoyed my blog and to those that would make intelligent comments.

Suffice it to say this created a whirlwind of hatred toward my blog and incited several posts defaming me.  In turn I reported every one as being abusive and defamatory.  I do not know if I did the right thing or not.  I despise how often good bloggers are run off that site because of these trolls and I've decided myself not to be one of them.  I reported them in the hope that blogging on that site might be a place of real discussion instead of trolls.  Perhaps I should have let it be.  I guess I will have to live with the consequences.

0 comments: