BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Need for Sleep 2: The Ornery and the Stupid

So the other day I was asleep and my kids started running around and having a good time and just being kids.  Needless to say, they woke me up and that is never a good thing.  I couldn't get back to sleep and I was very ornery.  I've told my wife that when I'm like that she needs to let me burn off the anger so the tiredness can set in, but I shouldn't rely on that to stop me from being ornery even though I'm tired.  So I yelled, made a big deal out of nothing and eventually it was time for me to go to work.  There was no excuse for my actions and in my ranting and carrying on I hurt my wife's feelings.


So there I was at work on only 1 hour of sleep in about 32 hours and I don't really remember most of it.  I only remember that I couldn't think straight and I would start to rant and rave about anything if someone got me started.

There are two things that really suck about fighting with your wife when you've been married for a while.  First, she remembers every time you've screwed up in the same way so there is no easy way to brush it to the side as a one time thing and the more you do it the harder it is to convince her to forgive you.  Luckily my wife understands that when you've been up for 24 hours and someone wakes you up the no one is going to be in a good mood, but that doesn't keep her feelings from getting hurt, or me from hurting them.

The second thing that sucks about fighting with your wife when you've been married for a while is just the fact that there just isn't the incentive to make up like there used to be.

Everyone has challenges that they have to overcome, one of mine is not to be a jerk when I'm tired.

0 comments: