BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 9, 2008

But, we heeded them not

Isn't it curious when you are praying and racking your brain for some bit of understanding suddenly it just comes around the corner and says hello and wants to take you out for lunch?

Since I enjoy blogging on a regular basis I surf around some sites that perhaps at one point I will have up on my blogroll. While I read these posts about the LDS faith I am often bothered by flippant way some people take their faith. I am very troubled by the way some people respond to people of faith (no matter what religion they are). I would read the way some people would express themselves about a religious topic, I would put my two cents in and no matter what, the other person would rip my opinion apart. I found myself spending more time just repeating what I had said, in a foolish attempt to clarify, only to be ripped apart again.

As of late I have become envious of the way these people are able to make their argument and I wished that I could have the right words in my mouth, or on my screen, that would set the argument to rest and be able to confound my enemies as it were. So, I took my problem to prayer and this morning in my somewhat daily scripture study I came across 1 Nephi Chapter 8. It the part with Lehi's dream and Lehi is talking about how the people in the great and spacious building were making fun of the people that ate the fruit and he said 'But, we heeded them not.' I took this as an answer to my prayer.

I believe that if I would be a good tool for the Lord to be able to say things to confound my enemies I must first heed not what they say. In other words I shouldn't be concerned about how they may respond to my beliefs or the beliefs of others, I should first allow my words to stand on their own. Perhaps in time the Lord will instill in me the desire to respond and confound but for now, I should heed them not.

0 comments: