BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 11, 2008

Love thine enemies as thyself

Among all of my faults the one that irritates me the most about myself is my inability to forgive my enemies. And when I say that I have a problem forgiving them it's more of a problem of not planning ways to hurt them every time they come to mind or when I see them.

I have two primary enemies in my life that I have to make a conscious effort not to hate and/or hit every time I come across them. One of my enemies is a company that is only a block away from my work that practically stole $50 from me. They sweet talked my wife into letting them do something and they told her it was for free, to make a long story short it wasn't and we had to pay. I called every company in existence that I thought could help me but with no luck. I could have sued them for the $50, but come on, I would pay $50 not to have that kind of headache. So they kept my money. Now every time I go past their place of business I think of all the vengeful things I could do to make sure they couldn't keep my $50. Throw a rock through the window, put a padlock on their gate, smear some kind of horrible substance on their windows or just simply flip them the bird every time I go by.

I'll be honest. Those kinds of thoughts are not christen to say the least and when you read that you should love thine enemies as thyself it sure seems hard to swallow, at least it this case. So what do I do? I know they deserve it, I want to do it and if I don't no one will. Am I suppose to just let that kind of injustice stand and allow these thieves to go on their merry way? When I pray about it, yes. Perhaps with time I will be able to bike past their place of business and not wish I had a rock.

0 comments: