BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 15, 2008

The key is to be humble and simply believe

Once upon a time I used to look at things in a very factual light. I would take whatever facts were available at the time and draw conclusions so that I might make informed decisions or at least as informed decisions as I could make at the time. Sounds like a good way to go about things doesn't it? For me at least it wasn't.

You see my wife is quite the character. I love her dearly even though she doesn't always think before she acts. In fact that is one of the many reasons I love her so much. She really is my better half. A problem that kept occurring when we first got married and come up from time to time is that certain unintentional conclusions can be drawn but what she does. Especially when it comes to me. She would do things from time to time that would leave me with the impression that I wasn't important or that the things I would say aren't important. It would drive me crazy while she would say "I don't do it on purpose." My response would usually be "Then try not doing it on purpose!"

This kind of thing continued for quite some time until one day I realized that I was somehow overlooking the fact that she loves me and trying to objectify it. Love cannot be objectified. Shouldn't I be able to take all of her actions and be able to draw the conclusion that she loves me? Why can't I just trust that she loves me and accept any oversights of hers as simple faults?

Once I began to humble myself before my wife did I finally begin to experience a love for her that I had not had before. Some might call it submission but for me it cries of faith.

0 comments: